Podcast: Learning Product Leadership
I’ve just been on Ross Webb’s new Product Coach podcast talking about product leadership. You can listen to it on the widget below or over on on Podcast.co.
We cover a fair amount, including:
- why I think 9 out of 10 recruiters haven’t a clue
- should you hire product managers with market specialism?
- frustrations for new product managers
- does following a process drive product success?
- the skills and abilities of a product leader
- getting the non-tech parts of the organisation to buy into product
- failing versus learning
- time management: personal, project and roadmap
- a quick way to organise your personal priorities
- why you need lots of tools at your disposal
- the tension between product manager and scrum master / delivery manager
- characteristics of a great product leader
- me saying “yeah, yeah, absolutely” a lot
If you fancy a chat about any of the topics we discussed, please feel free to get in touch with me.
Get articles when they’re published
My articles get published irregularly (erratically, some might say). Never miss an article again by getting them delivered direct to your inbox as soon as they go live.
Land your next product manager job
There’s a special offer running for my Product Management Digital Masterclass – 25% off when you get tickets to the full set of sessions.
Live, conference-style talks with Q&A each Tuesday in October 2020, covering:
- What does a product manager do (and not do)?
- Understanding user needs
- The secrets of meaningful product roadmaps
- Landing and starting your product manager job
See you there!