Q&A: What makes a good UX designer?
I’m asked questions about product management from time to time. Here’s one I’ve answered recently:
Based on your experience, what makes a good UX Designer from the perspective of a product manager?
Read on for my reply.
Ooh – a tricky question :-)
In no particular order:
- Experienced in their own discipline but still keen to learn more
- Willing to share their knowledge with others (so everyone gets to know the principles of good UX / design)
- Open to discussions with / perspectives of other disciplines (good team collaborator)
- Not precious about their own designs – user needs are the most important factor
- Able to work within an iterative development environment
[I would argue this could apply to any specialist discipline on a product team simply by replacing ‘UX’ and ‘design’ as appropriate.
What do you think? Leave me a comment below.
Get articles when they’re published
My articles get published irregularly (erratically, some might say). Never miss an article again by getting them delivered direct to your inbox as soon as they go live.