PRODUCTHEAD: Win a VIP ticket to #ProductCon Online
PRODUCTHEAD is a regular newsletter of product management goodness,
curated by Jock Busuttil.
a product at the door #
every PRODUCTHEAD edition is online for you to refer back to
I’m mixing things up a bit this week with a special offer for you. Product School have kindly given me some VIP tickets to their November #ProductCon Online, so I’m offering them to you.
(I’m not receiving any other sponsorship or payment from them in return for the promotion.)
I’ll be back to the usual format of product management goodness next week. Do you have any topics you’d like me to cover? Let me know!
Speak to you soon,
roll up, roll up #
Introduce a friend to PRODUCTHEAD and you could win a VIP ticket to #ProductCon Online
VIP ticket holders receive:
✔️ 20% discount on Product School merch
✔️ Access to the main stage
✔️ Access to networking
✔️ Immediate access to presentations
✔️ Access to recordings
✔️ Exclusive Q&A with ProductCon speakers
✔️ Library of product templates
✔️ Exclusive tools
✔️ Certificate of completion
Product School’s online conference is on Thursday November 18, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PST).
What you need to do – easy as 1…2…3 #
❶ Get one of your fellow product people to subscribe to this lovely PRODUCTHEAD newsletter (imanageproducts.com/subscribe).
❷ Then (with their consent) let me know the email addresses they’ve used to subscribe.
❸ If they confirm their subscription, then I’ll let you know you’re in the draw to win a free VIP ticket.
I’ll select 9 winners at random on Thursday November 4, 2021.
Terms and conditions apply to this prize draw, please read them below before you enter.
Whether you’re new to product management or have been a product manager for years, a coaching session can help you to step up your career.
We’ve coached people wanting to get into product management, product people with nobody in their organisation to manage them, and experienced product managers preparing to apply for a promotion.
We can help you prepare for your product manager interview, including mock interviews.
“Jock has been instrumental in my personal growth as a product leader but also as a person.”
Co-founder & Chief Product Officer, Napo
A proportion of the fees from every coaching session is donated to charity. Just reply to this email if you’re interested in finding out more.
recent posts #
Recently people all seem to be encountering the same problem. Their engineering teams are choosing to work on projects that make them look busy, but which don’t actually move things forward. What they’re usually working on is a convoluted — and arguably doomed — attempt to replatform a legacy ‘cash cow’ product.
[I MANAGE PRODUCTS]
A recent tweet by John Cutler provoked some interesting reactions. It got me thinking about whether there are unifying principles of product management that apply in all contexts.
[I MANAGE PRODUCTS]
When companies set out to improve a service or redesign a product, the results can sometimes be underwhelming. Instead of delivering service transformation, the team recommends only minor efficiency tweaks. If this has been happening to you, there can be many underlying causes. I’ve identified a few common problems and what you can you do about them.
[I MANAGE PRODUCTS]
upcoming talks and events #
18th November 2021 – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PST)
Organized by Product School and structured around the hottest topics in Product Management, ProductCon takes place online four times per year, and gathers over 15,000 product professionals from all over the world.
ProductCon is hosted on the cutting-edge virtual event platform, Hopin. Recreating the look and feel of an in-person event without the hassle or travel, you’ll be able to watch presentations, access slides, interact with speakers, network with fellow attendees, and even collect goodies from the virtual booths.
Introduce a friend to PRODUCTHEAD to have a chance to win a VIP ticket worth USD$228
For more details of how to enter, read the terms and conditions below.
Prize draw terms and conditions #
- This prize draw is operated by Product People Limited (“we“, “us“, “our“).
- We will select the winners at random on 4 November 2021 at 16:00 GMT. We will accept no entries after that time.
- We will contact each winner individually after the draw and will publish a list of the winners’ names with their consent in the following PRODUCTHEAD newsletter and on our website.
- You must be an active subscriber to this PRODUCTHEAD newsletter to participate in the prize draw.
- We will accept only one entry into the prize draw per person.
- You must be 18+ years old to enter.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- Each of the 9 winners will receive 1 VIP ticket to #ProductCon Online (November 18, 2021), which is run by Product School Inc.
- You must seek the consent of each email address owner before sharing their personal information with us.
- To qualify for entry into the prize draw:
- with their consent, get 1 person to subscribe to this PRODUCTHEAD newsletter at imanageproducts.com/subscribe ;
- you need to reply to this email or contact us to let us know the email address of the person you have referred;
- the person you refer will receive an email asking them to confirm their subscription to PRODUCTHEAD, which they must accept;
- the person you refer must remain an active subscriber to PRODUCTHEAD until the winners of the prize draw are selected.
- The retail price of 1 VIP ticket (as at 22 October 2021) is USD$228.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for their monetary value.
- Should #ProductCon Online 2021 be cancelled for any reason, we will offer each winner instead access free of charge to our current pre-recorded training catalogue of 4 courses (worth USD$260).
can we help you?
Product People is a product management services company. We can help you through consultancy, training and coaching. Just contact us if you need our help!
Helping people build better products, more successfully, since 2012.
PRODUCTHEAD is a newsletter for product people of all varieties, and is lovingly crafted from diminishing space on bookshelves.
Read more from Jock
The Practitioner's Guide To Product Management
by Jock Busuttil
“This is a great book for Product Managers or those considering a career in Product Management.”— Lyndsay Denton